Know Before You Go
LOCATION CHANGE FOR 2016!
This year the Houston Art Car Parade will NOT run along Allen Parkway, as it has done for many years. Due to construction on the usual route, the parade has moved and will run along Smith St, from Pease St to Walker St., taking a left at Walker St., a left at Bagby St., and a right onto Lamar St., ending at Lamar and I-45.
The route change means a few things for attendees:
- Pop up shade tents will NOT be allowed along the parade route due to limited space
- There are three recommended parking garages to park in Downtown Houston near the parade route, CLICK HERE to view the route map with the garages marked. Specific parking prices are TBD.
- Beverages for sale will be located at the Starting Line Party (Smith & Pease St.), Parade Central (Smith & Polk St.), at Smith & McKinney St., and at Sam Houston Park (Bagby & Lamar St.)
- Restrooms will be located along the parade route on both sides of Smith Street for easy access.
- Street closures will take place starting at 7am and opening back up at 5pm. Access points to parking garages will be via detours within Downtown. Keep track on our Facebook page for parking updates.
Additional details to be aware of:
- NO PETS are allowed along the parade route. For the safety of them and others, please leave your pets at home.
- NO FIREARMS are allowed along the parade route.
- You may bring folding chairs and coolers, just please be aware that the parade route is shorter and more condensed than usual so please be respectful of your neighbors.