to sign up for volunteer shifts at the 2014 Houston Art Car Parade
Instructions on signing up for Shiftboard:
- Fill out the Applicant Information Section, then press submit.
- You will receive a welcome email with your login information.
- Once you receive your login go to: http://www.shiftboard.com/theorangeshowfoundation/
- Once your registration has been accepted, login and click "CALENDAR" located in the upper left (You can adjust your view by clicking on 'Day', 'Week', or 'Month')
- Scroll to May and click on the'Day' view for the date you would like to volunteer. A list of the available positions will pop up on the right side of your screen
- Click 'Details' on the shift you are interested in.
If you would like to sign up, click 'Take this Shift'.
- Art Car Drag - May 8
- Art Car Sneak Peak - May 8
- Art Car Ball - May 9
- Art Car Parade - May 10
- Banner Team
- Green Team (x10)
- Parade Central (x26)
- Banner Team
- Art Car Awards Ceremony - May 11 (x12)
What If I have already used Shiftboard before?
- If you have used shiftboard before (for instance for the Bayou City Art Festival), then you will have a login already. If you haven't, then register for a new login. Our volunteer coordinator will approve your registration within 24 hours.
What are some of the positions available?
The following positions are currently open:
- ID Checker
- Set up
- Ticket takers
Specialized volunteer positions:
- Bridge Spotter -- We need a group of outgoing volunteers to warn the parade participants to watch their heads when passing underneath the footbridge over Allen Pkwy. This is a fun position!
- Crowd Control -- This role requires outgoing personalities to make sure that the crowd stays out of the way of the Art Cars during the parade.
- Gift Shop -- These volunteers will sell Art Car Parade T-shirts, hats, posters, and other merchandise.
- Green Team -- The Green Team is responsible for checking all Art Cars in on the morning of the parade. Volunteers will need to ride bicycles or wear roller skates/blades. You will ensure each Art Car has a working fire extinguisher and meets the Art Car Parade entry requirements.
- Traffic Control -- These volunteers will direct Art Cars and attendees towards appropriate parking at the East entrance.
If you have any questions, call 713-926-6368 or